Enter the library, information and knowledge management community at any stage of your working life and still become a recognised professional, through CILIP's Professional Registration process.
Not having a specific academic or vocational qualification does not have to be a barrier to success. Given its rapidly changing nature, employers are always looking for the most relevant skills, many of which you may have gained outside of the profession. These may include customer service or IT skills, for example.
Once in your new role you will be able to begin your professional journey with CILIP. The first step is Certification followed by Chartership.
- Gain recognition for your knowledge understanding and competence.
- Demonstrate your knowledge and skills and developing them in the workplace.
- Prove your commitment to developing and enhancing your skills.
- Prove your ability to apply your knowledge and skills in the workplace.
- Develop your abilities through learning and reflection.
- Join a growing network of inspiring individuals committed to becoming better professionals.